For those who need to browse the same static content website that have a very slow connection.. every day.. I would suggest you to perform this tweak for your Firefox browser so that Firefox will be basically use the local cache content of the website whenever you click or type in the URL. Just follow the following steps:
- Download and install Firefox (if you still don't have one)
- Type in the following command in the URL/Address bar
- Click on "I'll be carefull, I promise!"
- Type the following argument in the filter box
browser.cache.disk.capacityand change the value to
- Now, type the following argument in the filter box
browser.cache.offline.capacityand change the value to
- Then, type the following argument in the filter box
browser.cache.disk.enableand make sure the value is
- And filanny, type the following argument in the filter box
browser.cache.check_doc_frequencyand change the value to
For reference, valid values for browser.cache.check_doc_frequency are:
0 - Check for a new version of a page once per session (a session starts when the first application window opens and ends when the last application window closes).
1 - Check for a new version every time a page is loaded.
2 - Never check for a new version - always load the page from cache.
3- Check for a new version when the page is out of date. (Default)
Reference: I'm A Super.com
P/S: If you want the latest content of the page, press on Shift button on your keyboard (dont release) and click on Refresh Page of your Firefox.